Going to IKEA is serious business. This time we went prepared to bring home some major goodies. Prepared as in, we rented a extended pickup truck. Oh yeah.
The girls loved riding in the truck! Abby liked that she could look out the back window. Something we take for granted I guess?
She looks so grown up.
We made it!
Obviously, the girls' favorite spot is the kids' section :)
They do well in the rest of the store, too.
Time to collect our treasures!
We even got a bonus!!
Sorry, I think we got the last one...
Load up!
After IKEA we met our great friends, Corey and Becca for dinner now that they live in Cincinnati. It's always fantastic to see them. Unfortunately the fun ended quickly after that. As soon as we got on the highway part of our couch did, too. We had to pull over and Adam went to retrieve it. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. I prayed the entire time he was out of the truck. To make matters worse, the couch broke. However, Adam was able to fix it. I told you this is the summer of DIY for us. We did not feel like driving four hours again to get a new piece. So he snapped the broken wood into place and braced it with a new piece. Remember that picture of Abby with the wood at Lowe's? That's what it is was for :) Good as new.
I think it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment