>

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Veggie!






I don't know if I can technically say that Abby ate her first veggie today, but I can say that I introduced it to her. For lunch Abs sampled sweet potatoes. Most of the orange puree ended up on her face, so I decided to seal it up for later and try another technique. I found what looked similar to the types of food she'll eat (chocolate pudding) to model for her. While I said, "Ahh" eating each bite showing her the spoon before and after it went into my mouth, she got to hold her spoon, too. After I devoured the pudding before her very eyes, I had her practice art of eating with nothing on the spoon. I think it helped. She at least opens her mouth really wide allowing the spoon in. Maybe tonight when I reintroduce it with Adam home she will swallow some potatoes. At least we are making progress though. I want eating to be fun and enjoyable for her, not a chore. We'll take our sweet potato time until then.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA!
    "sweet potato time"...nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barbie, this is why we are such good friends. I didn't know if it was too dorky to post, so I am glad you appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete