>

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Potty Training

While I was downstairs clipping online coupons for our big grocery trip my oldest yelled down to me, "Mommy, I'm potty training Ellie!"  Naturally I ran to see what disaster awaited me.

I wish I had taken the time to grab my camera.

As I climbed the stairs I could see my youngest naked as the day she was born trying to get herself up on the toilet while her big sister was coaching her along with words of encouragement.  "That's right, Ellie, sit on the toilet.  You're doing a great job."

I decided to help.

From under the cabinet I pulled our good old potty chair.  Little Ellie sat her pure white hinny on the edge of the seat.  "No, Ellie, you need to sit all the way on the potty chair!" exclaimed Abby. "Here I'll show you what to do."  So big sister pulled down her pants and demonstrated.  Ellie quickly caught on.

Abby decided to take it one step further and get up on the toilet to show Ellie exactly what would happen while sitting on the potty chair.  Strained she informed me, "Mommy, I think I am going to poop now." (sorry TMI?)

While Ellie did not potty at that moment she did tell me over and over, "POTTY!"   Then she would grab more toilet paper than necessary and wipe herself.  "I WENT!!"  (something Abby yells to this day even though she goes to the restroom independently.)

The girls had a fine time washing their hands saying, "All clean!"

There was one problem though.  Ellie did NOT want to put back on her diaper.  Maybe it is because I am lazier with my second child, but I didn't feel like fighting.  I took her potty chair into my bathroom so I could keep an eye on her while I finished getting ready.  However, instead of sitting on the chair she wanted to stand on it and wash her hands again.

That's when "she went."

All over herself, the cabinet, tile floor, an the grooves of the potty chair.

I guess I am entering potty training child 2.  I forgot how fun it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment