>

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Growth Chart

As much as I would LOVE to be I have never been a very crafty person.  Too much work...and risk.  You have to buy all the materials for a project, actually do it, and do it right.  If not, it was a huge waste of time and money.  However, I found this very cute homemade growth chart on Pinterest, and I had to attempt it. 

I pretty much followed the directions, except I skipped painting it black and distressing it.  Obviously I chose the white with aquamarine numbers.  I started my numbering at six inches, so that I could hang it, but still have the number one.  I. love. it. Not going to lie, I am very proud of myself.  I did this entire project from start to finish-myself (okay Adam did help me hang it).  
 
 I can't imagine what it will look like 18 years from now, maybe we will even document our grandchildren on this piece of wood.  That is a crazy thought.  One thing is for certain, I will treasure it for years to come.
 
 
I have decided that I am going to mark their heights on their birthdays, 1/2 birthdays, and special occasions (like first day of Kindergarten).  I'm going to use the measurements from the doctor to fill in for past three years for Abby and year for Ellie.
 




 
It just so happened that 9/11 Abby turned 3 1/2 (which helped me get my rear in gear to complete the project). 





 
 




 3 feet 3 inches
 
Next project..paint the loft.


No comments:

Post a Comment