>

Monday, March 19, 2012

Princess Show

Three Classic Fairy Tales for a special three year old's birthday!  The stories were Snow White, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast.  Lately Abby is obsessed with Beauty and the Beast and can quote and act out the entire movie.  No joke.  Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were also there.  It was a dream come true for a little girl!

This little event had major obstacles. First, when I took a closer look at my tickets the Thursday leading up to the show, I noticed that they said, STUDENT ID REQUIRED.   Imagining us showing up on Saturday only to be turned away due to no student ID I searched the internet for a phone number to call.  This made me see that my worst fear had come true...next to our show, written in red, was the word CANCELED.  What?!  You have got to be kidding me?!  I had been talking to Abby about this show since November, it cannot be true.  Thankfully when I called the box office there was a second show that we could in fact transfer our tickets to.  Yes, please. 

Leading up to Saturday Ellie and Abby were sick.  When I say sick, I mean SICK.  Poor Ellie had a high fever for days.  It was pathetic.  Thankfully Friday night both were starting to feel better, and we went out to celebrate my mom's birthday.  While at the restaurant, something came over me so suddenly I didn't know what hit me.  I had to go straight home only to be sick all night long.  The next morning (the morning of the show) I called my doctor, and she advised me to go to the ER.  Ummm...I would except I have a princess show that I must attend.  I am sure I sounded crazy to the doctor and the nurse.  So instead of going to the ER I put on my big girl pants, took a new antibiotic, and put a smile on my face.  We made the drive to Bloomington (I slept most of the way), and by the time we arrived I was feeling pretty good!  Praise be to God!

The Lord cares about the small things.  He made it so that we had a wonderful time celebrating with our little princess. 








No comments:

Post a Comment