>

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas eve day Abby and I stayed at home preparing the house for Christmas. That isn't to say that there wasn't any action going on at our place. While I was busying myself with tasks that needed to be completed, Abby apparently dialed 911 twice. I received a phone call stating that there were two incomplete calls from our home. I apologized explaining that my 9 month old was playing with the phone and dialed by mistake. Ten minutes later there was a knock at the door from the Noblesville Police. I guess they had to check and make sure that everything was okay. It was pretty embarrassing...

After our exciting afternoon, the family got ready and went to the candlelight Christmas service at our church. We then went out to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I guess a lot of people associate Christmas eve with Chinese food because the place was packed out! Because we were in no rush for December 24th to end, we waited and enjoyed every moment of the evening. When we got home Abby opened one gift and was sent to bed. She must have known that there was something magical about this night because she woke up at 3:30 in the morning full of energy and excitement. Adam and I put her in our bed, and she crawled all over us giggling and squealing. We were tempted to have our Christmas morning at 4, but an hour later she fell asleep and did not wake again until we got her up.

Remembering the true meaning of Christmas.


Heading up to bed so that Santa can come!

No comments:

Post a Comment